Monday, July 25, 2011

Boston - Augustana

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ASJBXu8tNo]


Sometimes the simplest of piano riffs can make the best of songs. This looped piano phrase catches you at the beginning, and the added emphasis the rest of the band gives the song toward the end finishes it up great. It's one of the better songs that's been on the radio in recent memory. While the song did receive what I would've thought was way more radio play than just a #34 song, it didn't manage to climb into the Top 40 any hire than that.


A lot of songs in my blog posts don't do all that well on the mainstream Top 40 charts. This one, like many of those others, fared better on the Adult Contemporary charts. It was a top 10 hit by that regard. I kind of thought that maybe that means I'm getting older, but to be honest, this is the kind of music I've always been interested in listening to regularly. So, maybe that's just my style...or maybe I was born an old man.

No comments:

Post a Comment