Monday, December 2, 2013

Scrooge - The Muppets


[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBthi_An5qQ]


Yesterday, I gave you a little taste of one of Disney's takes on this classic tale, but there's another I enjoy much more. I've written about The Muppet Christmas Carol before, and I'll probably write about it again. This is by far one of my favorite Christmas movies, and in my opinion, it's the best adaptation of Dickens' classic tale to film. Michael Cain as Scrooge is perfect casting, and, well...check out the link at the beginning of this paragraph if you really want to know what I have to say. I've also posted one other song from this film in my previous years of Christmas postings.


"Scrooge" sums up the hardened, cold personality of Ebeneezer Scrooge in only a way the Muppets can. In one song, they completely set the stage for any viewer, young or old, who's not familiar with the story. By the time Scrooge has made his way through town to his office, we know exactly what to expect him to be like, and Cain doesn't disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment