Thursday, July 28, 2011

Breakeven (Fallin' to Pieces) - The Script

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzCLLHscMOw]


"When a heart breaks, no it don't break even". That about sums it up. The riffs and lyrics these guys lay down are all really catchy. I don't care if you consider it radio garbage or not. I like it.  A lot of other people do, too. The song was a #12 hit in the US and was certified platinum.


The other thing I like about the song is one of the first lines and the subject it broaches. "Pray to a god I don't believe in" is a thought provoking line. I'm the kind of person whose mind will often spin off in a tangent about this kind of thing. One small idea will push me over the edge of a crazy string of thoughts. This one isn't all that crazy at the beginning, though, just thinking about all the people who get in bad situations and begin to pray to a deity of which they often would claim non-belief.

No comments:

Post a Comment