Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Kryptonite - 3 Doors Down

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFnJ2U_cZ8o]


I had no idea that Brad Arnold had such a great voice until I watched this live video. Anyone can sound good on a recording anymore, but if you can do it live, that's something else. I remember this song came out right around the time I started high school, and I listened to it over and over. This whole album was good, actually, one of the few I could listen to straight through. It was one of the first albums I bought that was what you might consider modern rock. It was one of my early gateways from country and classic rock to a more modern sound.


The song was written by Arnold when he was only fifteen years old, and he brought it to the group to include on their 2000 album, Better Life. He says that it's about being there for someone not only in the bad times, but the good, too. Arnold said of the song, "...it's easy to be there for someone when they're down, but it's not always easy to be there for someone when they're doing good, and that's the question...if I'm doing good will you be there for me, will you not be jealous of me?" It was released as a demo to a radio station in Biloxi, Mississippi. It would soon become the group's breakthrough hit, climbing to #3 on the Hot 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment