Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Funky Little Baby - Here Come the Mummies

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB1z2USriZs]


I was introduced to this group by another member of the band I play with currently, and I really dig it. That's an awesome horn section. They have a big, fat sound. Their music is all kind of in the novelty vein, but it's all clever, too, which is the point of it being novelty I think. A lot of their stuff is a little risque, but I'll get around to it eventually, I bet. I just wanted to start with something a little more suited for mixed company.


The group is rumored to be made up of Grammy winning Nashville studio musicians. This isn't an easy thing to verify, though. Whenever the group performs out, they show up in full mummy dress. The thinking is that this is an easy way to avoid contract disputes with certain major labels and studios. This is all speculation based on internet gathered information, though, so, be sure to have your salt ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment