Saturday, December 10, 2011

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Brian McKnight & Christina Aguilera

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftva4G2vmDw]


The most famous take on this song is probably Mel Torme's. It's a classic piece, but I wanted to find something a little different. Even though both parties involved here tend to over sing this one (and every other song they perform), I still like what McKnight does with the melody when he sings his first part.


I love that the song deals with the idea of coming together at Christmas and just muddling through until the next year's celebration. I really like the whole concept of coming together at Christmas in general. I hate it just as much as anyone else that we only seem to make time for it once a year, but it's still important and better than nothing at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment