Thursday, December 1, 2011

Jingle Bell Rock - The Electric Mayhem

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai3Tyj13HeU]


Best version of this tune...ever! I really love the Muppets, and I am a huge Electric Mayhem fan. I, unfortunately, can't find any info about the real band that performs the music for the group, but I'd really like to know who it is. The band got its start on "The Muppet Show" and later appeared in several of the Muppet films and television specials. The above clip is from the 1987 special A Muppet Family Christmas. I love that the sweet family scene between Kermit and Robin is cut into directly by the rock music from the other room.


It's surprisingly difficult to find the original, uncut version of the special, but I did manage to get my hands on a copy. This is probably one of my favorite specials. "The Muppets at Disney World" (it was a special on the weekly "Magical World of Disney") is probably my second favorite. Of course, nothing holds a candle to A Muppet Christmas Carol. It's hands down the best version of Dickens' classic tale in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment