Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Letter to Me - Brad Paisley

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTlT2R5_d7M]


I thought for a long time about what to post today. It's my birthday. I feel like this song is a good choice, but it's more than the song. The song does have a lot of meaning for anyone that looks back and wishes they would've made different choices or had the opportunity to tell themselves something was a bad decision...so, everyone really.


More importantly for me, though, is the artist here. I've posted Paisley's songs at least a couple of times. I try not to repeat an artist too often. I keep coming back to him, though. I think he's a great role model. He doesn't seem to get caught up in the celebrity drama. He seems down to earth. He's a great performer and songwriter. What stands out the most for me is the fact that he seems to refuse to grow up, always keeping a childlike quality about himself.


Don't get me wrong: he seems like a very mature individual. Maturity isn't the same as growing up. When you grow up you let go of all those things that make you young. It's obvious that he hangs on to a lot of those things through his music and the pranks he pulls when on tour. It's an awful lot to think about a guy you've never met, but I believe what I believe regardless. Also, it says a lot about an artist who can stand on stage with just his guitar and hold on to an audience like he does in this video. I can't imagine the rush of adrenaline and nerves that must hit someone standing and performing solo in front of thousands of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment