Friday, September 27, 2013

Don't Start Me to Talkin' - The Doobie Brothers

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5zp9o4R9b0]


All you have to do is listen to this song to realize that two drummers can totally work. Don't get me wrong; it definitely takes two talented drummers. At the same time, for most of the songs the Doobies perform, I don't think it really adds a lot to the performance, but it definitely works.


The sax solo here is from Marc Russo, who also wrote the horn arrangements for this show. Live at the Wolf Trap is the Doobies' third live album. The song was originally written and performed by Sonny Boy Williamson, but these guys take it to a whole new level. Just listen to all those groove and feel changes. This is one of my favorite live performances ever.


Update: Unfortunately, the live version I had posted is no longer available, but I'll be looking for it to come back up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment