Sunday, October 20, 2013

Theme from Ducktales - David Newman


October Theme: Disney


[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2dQStpbpUU]


OK, so, I'm cheating a little bit on the instrumental goal I set for myself here. This piece from the Ducktales movie is really just a version of the TV show's theme minus the vocals. It is instrumental, though. However, without the melody line being covered by an instrument, the song sounds really empty. It doesn't quite have that pop punch that the theme from the series had either. The mix on the show's theme is just a little brighter and tighter.


One of my favorite cartoons growing up was a string of this series' episodes put together for a Disney special (I think it was The Magical World of Disney...at least that's where I first saw it) called Super Ducktales. It introduced the character of Gizmo Duck. I can't seem to find this special anywhere, but I'd love to be able to watch it again. Gizmo Duck also crossed over to the Darkwing Duck series, and the character was also part of a Darkwing comic series that I didn't even know existed.


This is the original TV theme in its extended form.


[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRNeuoC53BM]



No comments:

Post a Comment