Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Hiding My Heart - Craig Colton

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVdx64iTF28]


I've been finding more and more videos from YouTube that are of the singing competition audition category lately. Regardless of what you think of the shows or their outcomes, you have to admit that thee are lots of talented people that get noticed, people who otherwise would not have had the chance. This is just one of those instances.


Colton (I think that's the last name, but his accent is pretty thick) steps up to the mic and becomes likable right away. Likable won't win talent contests, though. As funny as his comment about his dad's line of work was, he had to bring some vocals to really impress everyone. I don't think he disappointed anyone in that respect either. I love that he surprises his parents with this audition, too. The fact that he really brings it just makes it that much better.


The song is an Adele song, released on her album 21. It's the same album that brought us "Rolling in the Deep", "Rumour Has It", and "Set Fire to the Rain". The album was apparently just lined with one amazing song after the other. I think I'm going to have to give the full album a listen soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment