Thursday, December 19, 2013

Wonderful Christmastime ft. Dolly Parton - Chicago


December Theme: 25 Days of Christmas


[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka2nZkKVWmc]


This is my second post from Chicago in as many days. Yesterday's post was a song I generally like, but I felt like Chicago recorded the definitive version. This song, as much as I enjoy Paul McCartney's music, is one I can hardly stand. Actually, I turn the station if it's on the radio...really. I just don't like it. This song and another from Beatles alumnus John Lennon, "So This Is Christmas", are definitely my two most hated Christmas songs. They fall right above "Last Christmas" by Wham! However, Chicago is able to change this one up just enough to make it sound like a song I can somewhat enjoy.


McCartney originally wrote and recorded the song in 1979. He recorded the song entirely on his own during sessions for McCartney II, and only had members of Wings appear in the video. The band also performed the song during their 1979 tour.



No comments:

Post a Comment