Wednesday, June 8, 2011

As Good As I Once Was - Toby Keith

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldQrapQ4d0Y]


I really feel like the years are hitting me harder every day. I know I'm still a few years away from thirty, and to be honest, that's really not all that old. I still feel like I cant quite run "wide open" all the time like I used to be able to do. I have to take things a lot easier, and the backaches from lifting too much don't get better quite as quick. So, I can kind of relate to the idea that Keith is putting out there with this song.


This song ties Keith's "Beer for My Horses" as his longest running #1, both spending six weeks in the top spot on the country charts. Keith wrote the song with frequent collaborator, Scotty Emerick. Emerick has written or co-written several of Keith's hits, and he's written for George Straight and Sawyer Brown, too, penning the hit "I Don't Believe in Goodbyes" for the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment