Sunday, July 31, 2011

Forever Young - So They Say

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yAKY5qhBh8]


The original cut of this song by Rod Stewart is good, but I really like this one. Fans of the original probably won't dig it cause it's really different. I like a new twist on an old song; plus, I like the sort of pop-punk movement. I know I shouldn't probably, but I do. There I said it. So They Say is another band from that movement that has signed with Fearless Records and been part of the Warped Tour. This song comes from the Punk Goes Classic Rock album.


After writing and recording the song, original artist Rod Stewart realized that the song was formed very similar to a Bob Dylan song of the same name. The two songs don't sound similar, but what simliarities they did have, the name being one of them, Stewart sent the song to Dylan for approval. The agreement was made that they would share the royalties on the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment