Monday, August 1, 2011

Cupid's Chokehold - Gym Class Heroes

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiiU-Fky18s]


A hip-hop group that uses actual instruments and makes actual music...I'm in. I saw the band opening for another group a few years ago, and they really got my attention. They have some catchy stuff, and lines like "If I had to choose her or the sun, I'd be one nocturnal son-of-a-gun" made me keep listening. Travie McCoy is the lead vocalist and has built himself a pretty decent solo career as well. His solo stuff isn't bad either.


The band formed when McCoy met the group's drummer in their high school gym class, which also answers the riddle of the group's name. The group recorded and released four small albums before being noticed and signed by Pete Wintz of Fall Out Boy fame. They then began working on The Papercut Chronicles, the album from which this song would be the first single.

2 comments:

  1. Kind of a remix to the Supertramp mini-hit, "Breakfast in America."
    I personally prefer the original.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is that, sir. I like the original song as well, but there are just a few lines in this tune I find really clever.

    ReplyDelete