Saturday, August 6, 2011

Mojo Boogie - Johnny Winter

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL2UY2Uq7Tk]


Johnny Winter is most famously known for his high-energy live performances, but he's an excellent writer and producer. In fact, he produced three Grammy-Award-Winning albums for the late Muddy Waters. He's also released a long list of blues albums himself. He's also the brother of Edgar Winter, known for his hits "Free Ride" and "Frankenstein". The two have been known to work together sporadically.


This song was playing on the system at Jimmy John's when I went recently. I'm typically not a fan of getting cold sandwiches from restaurants; that's something I can easily make at home. However, Jimmy John's is so good. Plus, I heard several great songs on their system the last time I actually went in and sat down. Maybe I'll have to stop ordering mine as delivery so often.

1 comment:

  1. I'm quite sure that the track was originally done by John Lee Hooker, but I may be mistaken. He was the first artist I heard do it.

    ReplyDelete