Friday, August 5, 2011

Why Should I Worry - Billy Joel

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb7kJ-j_dKA]


I don't know if I've mentioned it, but I love Disney music. This was one of my favorite movies as a kid, and it still holds up pretty well. This is probably my favorite song from the film despite how much a fan I am of Huey Lewis, who also cut a song for the movie: "Once Upon a Time in NYC." There's just something about the groove of this song. Plus, I've always wanted to be as cool as Dodger. Not only is he drawn cool, but who's cooler to voice a New Yorker than Billy Joel?


"Why Should I Worry" was written by the team of Dan Hartman and Charlie Midnight. The two were successful apart, but together, they wrote one of James Browns's big hits, "Living in America." The song won the duo a Grammy in 1987 for Best R&B Song. Outside of the talents I've already mentioned, the soundtrack for Oliver & Company included lots of other big names. Howard Ashman helped to write the aforementioned Huey Lewis track. Bette Midler appeared on the track "Perfect Isn't Easy," performed by a character she voiced, Georgette, and Barry Manilow was a cowriter on that song, too.



Other Posts Featuring
Howard Ashman's Work:
- Friend Like Me -
- The Mob Song - Kiss the Girl -
- Little Shop of Horrors - Arabian Nights -

No comments:

Post a Comment