Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Wonderwall (Oasis Cover) - Straight No Chaser

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi6mXT8C2fo]


I'm not sure which incarnation of the group this is, but it was originally started as an Indiana University men's choral group. Now, the original group does tours and has put a couple of CDs together. I really enjoy all of their stuff. Particularly, they have an original Christmas song: "Christmas Can-Can" that I like a lot. This song was of course originally recorded by Oasis, it's a good song no matter the artist, but I wanted to give this group a post, and I like this cover a lot.


Song-writer and Oasis guitarist, Noel Gallagher, originally reported that the song was written for his girlfriend. After the relationship ended, though, his tune changed, as do many things after a relationship ends. He later claimed that the song was about an imaginary friend that was going to come and save the listener. I personally like the second explanation better. It opens up the imagination more than just another song about a girl does.

No comments:

Post a Comment