Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Why Haven't I Heard From You - Kelly Clarkson

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh1W5iEw9KQ]


This song was originally performed by Reba McEntire, but I couldn't find a recording from her that I liked. The original music video was just too cheesy, and there aren't any good live recordings on YouTube. Plus, I think Clarkson does a great job with it. She and McEntire did a CMT Crossroads together, and they've come to be pretty good friends from what I've seen. Obviously, from this video we can see that Reba approves of the performance. I think I'll have to follow this with one of Clarkson's own songs.


Reba had a decent success with the song, taking it all the way to #5 on the country charts. It was the first single from her 1994 album, Read My Mind. This tune always reminds me of another Reba song, "Take it Back". They both have a sort of bluesy feel and a very accusing tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment