Saturday, October 1, 2011

Ghostbusters - Ray Parker Jr.


 [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe93CLbHjxQ]


Even though it's a little cliche to start off the month of October, this is the perfect Halloween song. I hope you guys forgive me this one. I know everybody knows it, and the idea here is to introduce you to some music you're not familiar with already. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy the music and the video as much as I do.


Parker was second in line to write a theme song for the movie. Huey Lewis was first approached, but he turned down the offer to work on Back to the Future instead, which turned out very well for him. The two artist would later be facing one another in a lawsuit filed by Lewis, who claimed that "Ghostbusters" sounded eerily (pun intended) similar to "I Want a New Drug". Both songs were top ten hits for their respective artists, and the suit was settled out of court.


 I've also added the revamped theme song from the sequel, Ghostbusters II, below. This one is by Run-D.M.C. It's definitely more hip-hop, but it still holds a lot of the same pieces from the original. I wouldn't really call it a remix, per say, but it's pretty close to that. On the soundtrack, the song is listed as "Ghostbusters", written by Parker and performed by Run-D.M.C.


[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLWOaAJtjgI]

No comments:

Post a Comment