Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Thriller - Michael Jackson


 [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOnqjkJTMaA]


I don't like to repeat artists in this blog (I know there will come a day when I won't let it bother), but I have to, have to post this song for Halloween. You just don't have Halloween without "Thriller"! There is SO much to write about this music video that I'm just going to direct you to the Wikipedia page if you're really interested in knowing more. There's a link for it at the bottom. Briefly, this video was such a successful merger of film making and music and won so many awards and accolades, including the only music video to be included in the National Film Registry of the Library of Congress, its success is just unimaginable.


Thriller Video's Wiki Page


I've also found this "bluegrassy" style cover of it that I like a lot by MercyMe. These guys are pretty awesome. They've got some other good stuff on YouTube as well.


[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiuOOXe9sTo]




 

No comments:

Post a Comment