Friday, October 21, 2011

Time Warp - Richard O'Brien


[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aizCMO-mI1Q]


I know this movie has a HUGE cult following, but I'm part of it. I've only parts and pieces of the movie, but I just can't wrap my mind around the concept. Also, it might be the type of people that I'm met that dissuade me from taking a chance on it. Most of those people seem a little strange. I first heard this song a few years ago while sitting in with a band for a Halloween show. They covered it, and I was learning it for the first time. The song is catchy, and Tim Curry is one of the stars of the movie. I still can't bring myself to watch it, though, despite how much like Curry's work.


The song was intended as a parody of songs that tell you how to dance to the song, like "The Cha-Cha Slide". However, it's become one of those songs over time. It's often played at parties and weddings with people lining up on the dance floor to participate. If you view one of the screenings you're sure to be able to find, especially at Halloween, you'll probably see some of the other patrons up and dancing to it in the theater, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment