Sunday, November 27, 2011

All Alone on Christmas - Darlene Love

 [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QSBhRvtpUQ]


In this video you'll see Macaulay Culkin in a sound booth doing production on this tune. The song was originally released and recorded on the Home Alone 2: Lost in New York soundtrack. I wasn't even sure until I looked it up who recorded the vocals if I'm being honest.


As it turns out, I was surprised all around at the band's makeup. Honestly, I'm not sure who Love is, but I am familiar with The E Street Band (Bruce Springsteen's band). You'll seem them here, complete with Max Weinberg on drums, accompanied by The Miami Horns. It's an impressive ensemble. Steve Van Zandt of E Street fame wrote the song, too, which explains the band's involvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment