Monday, November 14, 2011

Black Dog - Hayseed Dixie

 [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAd0n-pdLrs]


The video above isn't the full song, and I can't find one on YouTube to post. It still deserves a spot in this blog, though. I'll post one of their other songs in full below. If you can suffer through the poor quality of the video above, though, it's worth a listen.


The tune was originally cut by Led Zeppelin of course, and I like that version of the song as well. I'm honestly not a big bluegrass fan at all. Normally, I can't stand it. It may be because of the style of bluegrass I grew up around mostly, because I do find things that I like somewhat often when exploring it on my own. This group is different...obviously.


Hayseed Dixie started their climb to fame doing covers of AC/DC songs in bluegrass style. See what they did there? They now do covers of lots of classic rock and other styles of music in the same fashion. I just find some of their stuff to be very interesting, and some of it is very good, too. Below is their cover of "Angel is a Centerfold" by the J Geils Band. It's...interesting...


[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycsrQcjx94U]

No comments:

Post a Comment