Sunday, November 13, 2011

Dance Floor Anthem (I Don't Wanna Be in Love) - Good Charlotte

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbJ2xzQsuJ4]


This is one of my guilty pleasures songs. I really don't like the group that well, and they don't look like they should be singing this song AT ALL. It's really catchy, and if people stilled danced to live music anymore (they don't), this would be a good song to dance to even though it sounds a bit more pop-punk than most dance songs. Again, I watch them perform this and can't get over the fact of how much it seems like they hate this song. Maybe they do. Lots of artists hate songs they have that were big hits.


During one of Eric Clapton's Crossroads Festivals, Joe Walsh said of "Rocky Mountain Way": "If I knew I was going to have to play this song the rest of my life, I'd have written something else", just one instance of an artist that's sick of one of their biggest hits. Also, there was a great article on cracked.com about this topic as well. I've linked it below. The song is the third "anthem" from the band, following "East Coast Anthem" and "The Anthem".



6 Classic Songs That Were Supposed to Be Jokes
by: Colin Murdock

No comments:

Post a Comment