Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Go the Distance - Michael Bolton

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgEBBf3gDa4]


This is one of my favorite Disney songs of all time. I wish I could arrange music, because I would've arranged this for marching band a long time ago. I can just hear what I would do with everything, but I don't know how to put it on paper for others to interpret. That's another post, though, I guess. Bolton has a tendency - let's face it: it's actually one of his constants - to over sing things, but he does it well. He has a great voice and plenty of power to put behind it. I posted from the Lonely Island previously, and he was a part of that video, too. He obviously has a good sense of humor as well.


"Go the Distance" was written by composer Alan Menken and lyricist David Zippel. Menken was no stranger to the world of Disney, having worked on Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and Pocahontas, among others. Zippel also had another Disney credit to his name as the lyricist for Mulan. Both artists have several awards and nominations to their names, including Grammy Awards and Oscars.

No comments:

Post a Comment