Tuesday, October 15, 2013

A Guy Like You - Charles Kimbrough, Jason Alexander, and Mary Wickes


[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlo0cQKEHWM]


I think this is probably one of my least favorite Disney Animated Classics. Even in the least favorite of Disney films, there shines a bright star of a good song. This is one of those songs. Performed by Victor (Charles Kimbrough), Hugo (Jason Alexander), and Laverne (Mary Wickes), this song stands out as the comedic entry for the film.


I think the casting of each of these characters was great. Particularly, I like Wickes in her role. Many younger readers might remember her from the Whoopi Goldberg vehicle, Sister Act. Wickes played the old-school, hardcore nun, Sister Mary Lazarus. Her acting career extends far beyond that role, though. She has many credits to her name, including roles in I Love Lucy and On Moonlight Bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment