Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Main Title from Rescuers Down Under - Bruce Brougton


[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGJkrmwWkIY]


I spent the first half of this month and its theme going through great Disney songs from Disney musicals, mostly animated. I'd like to try and spend the second half of the month working on more instrumental, soundtrack music. There's lots of good music out there that fit that concept; I just have to find out more about those songs.


This first piece comes from a movie I wore out when I was a kid, The Rescuers Down Under. I thought so many parts of this movie were great when I was a growing up. It wasn't until years later that I realized it was a sequel and went to dig up the first one to watch. Both movies are excellent, and one of my favorite parts now is the voice acting by Bob Newhart, Eva Gabor, and John Candy. Specifically, this song got picked first, because it's not only a great song, but it's also a great opening sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment