Tuesday, October 1, 2013

October Theme

October Theme


In the past couple of years, I've always tried to keep October's posts confined to a Halloween theme, but after doing so for two years straight, I'm running out of Halloween themed songs that I like well enough to post about in my blog.  This year, I'm going to run a different theme. It's a bit off the wall without a little explanation, though.


I recently moved to Florida and was supposed to be in an apartment in Orlando. That didn't work out due to some neglect from the complex management. I won't bore you with the details, but I wound up in an apartment in DeLand, FL. It's a much nicer, safer area than Orlando, and it feels a lot more familiar, reminding me a lot of home.


The goal was for me to move to an area where there is more opportunity for work and to play music, and because of the problems getting into an apartment, I haven't really had the chance to do a lot of looking for either until very recently...this all began during the first week of September, FYI, but I digress.


After a little looking and a few interviews, I'll actually be starting an entry level position at Walt Disney World later this month. I'll be working in one of the shops right on Main Street USA. It's not exactly what I applied or hoped for when I first went looking at Disney, but I don't care to work my way up to that if it takes a few months.


So, with that all said, I felt like Disney music would be a good theme for this month. I've considered it before, but I always pushed it off thinking that not everyone that stops by my blog would relate. Recently, I've learned a lot more people than you might ever imagine listen to and love Disney music, so, I'm going to take the chance and have a Disney month.




No comments:

Post a Comment