Thursday, October 10, 2013

Once Upon a Time in NYC - Huey Lewis


[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIWn7SeGlUw]


Growing up, Oliver & Company was one of my favorite Disney movies. As a kid, I thought Dodger's character was so cool. He was always calm and collected and new just the right thing to say or do. On top of all of that, you've got songs from Bette Midler, Billy Joel, and, in this tune, Huey Lewis. Joel even put the cherry on top of the cool Dodger character, providing his voice.


Lewis is probably one of my favorite artists. I got to see him in concert a couple years ago, and was somewhat disappointed by his performance. He's getting up there in years, not being a young man when his career really took off. The band performed a lot of tunes from their (then) newly released soul album, Soulsville, and not that they shouldn't go after new music, that's just not what I paid the ticket price to see and hear. I wanted the classics. They did wind up playing through a bunch of their hits before it was over, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment