Saturday, October 12, 2013

The World's Greatest Criminal Mind - Vincent Price


[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP8QdFttugg]


This is from another of my Disney favorites. The Great Mouse Detective, in my opinion, is also one of the more underrated of the Disney Animated Classics. The concept is based around the great tales of Sherlock Holmes, with each character representing one of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's creations. The main, titular character, Basil, is Sherlock; his assistant, Dawson, is Watson; and the villain, Ratigan, is a representation of one of Homles' greatest foes, Professor James Moriarty.


I always thought that the voice of Ratigan sounded awfully familiar, but I was never able to place it until now. That famous voice is none other than Vincent Price. Of course, as a kid watching this movie, I would've had no idea who that was, but now, I think it's a cool bit of trivia to know. Price also did another small number for the movie, and I've posted it below. The audio from the movie has been laid over scenes from the BBC's Sherlock series.


[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMtuHbxSZ-c]

No comments:

Post a Comment