Friday, October 4, 2013

You'll Be In My Heart - Phil Collins


October Theme: Disney


[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpZ0VPAxLh0]


Unintentionally, this will be the third video I've posted (that I'm sure of) that shows us bass player Leland Sklar jamming out with a huge act. He's been posted about once with Toto and the other time with Mitch Malloy. I love watching him play, and that beard is epic.


Now, the song itself... Collins wrote the music for Disney's Tarzan, and I think he did a great job. I've actually posted about this soundtrack before, too. Collins has a great ear for arrangements and composition. He's also a great drummer, and I've posted on that topic in the past, too. Making it to #21 in the US in 2004, this song was Collin's first appearance on the Hot 100 since 1994.



No comments:

Post a Comment