Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Boondocks - Daves Highway

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xKlL7sBkK4]


I'm not a big fan of this song, but a friend of mine posted a video from this group on Facebook. As soon as I heard it, I knew I had to get one of their videos posted. This was the one that was most familiar to me and was a song I hadn't already used. They have some other great ones, including "I Won't Give Up", a Jason Mraz cover, but I had already used another version of that song. If you like what you hear, go check it out, too.


The main reason that I felt like I had to get this video up is probably the same reason that this group is gaining a significant amount of internet recognition and popularity: harmonies. The three performers are siblings, and that should be no surprise. Great harmony groups spend hours and hours working together on their vocals alone.


Alabama spent years falling asleep practicing harmonies in cramped motel rooms. The Eagles' stories of rehearsals using only vocals and an acoustic guitar are legendary, known now as the Circle of Death, because the band always sat in a circle facing one another. The Los Lonely Boys grew up together practicing their harmonies for years, another sibling-based group. So, it's obvious these three have spent a number of years working together, too. What better way to do that than living in the same home from birth?

No comments:

Post a Comment