Monday, November 25, 2013

Party Hard - Andrew W.K.

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WccfbPQNMbg]


Apparently, I'm really behind the times on this song. I was in a Spencer's today, and I heard this song. When I was talking to my roommate, I told her I was gonna use it in my blog and that I'd never heard it before then. Her head almost exploded. She couldn't believe I'd never heard this song, not because of it's such a great song or anything, but just because of its age, originally released in 2001, and its heavy air-play.


Well, whether I should've heard the song twelve years ago or not, I like it now. It's a strange mix of modern rock and eighties metal to me. The repetition of the hook, "party hard", is very, very eighties to me. The music and the voice lend themselves more to modern rock. It's technically classified as hard rock, I guess. I can get into it, but this is the border that I wouldn't cross in my appreciation of "heavy" music. Even in this song, I'm not fond of not being able to understand most of what he's singing. I don't imagine it's on the level of Lennon or McCartney, though, so, just getting the gist will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment