Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Perfect Memory - Remy Zero

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-pG1OtA3Uk]


The thing that really gets me about this band is the singer's vocal tone. I like the music, the message, and the overall sound, but it's the vocals that put the proverbial cherry on top. I imagine that was a big part of what got the band its break, being asked to join Radiohead on tour after they heard Remy Zero's demo tape.


I became familiar with the band when I began watching Smallville several years ago. I began watching a friend's DVD collection until I caught up with what was currently being aired around season eight. It's one of my favorite shows, and I am currently rewatching it. I just finished the first season, and as much as I understand why they went with a villain-of-the-week concept (they didn't know that they would be renewed for a second season early on), I had forgotten how much better the show got in its later years.


The band's song "Save Me" was used as the theme for the show, all ten seasons. This song made an appearance in the show when the band performed at Smallville High's spring formal. If there was ever a band I liked that fit the term alternative rock better than this one, I can't think of which one it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment