Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Soul Man - Sam Moore & Josh Ledet

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_GQbaNUVi8]


A few days ago I posted a video from Justin Timberlake. This performance is taken from that same show. It's a PBS In Performance at the White House special. This show focused on some of my favorite music. You'll probably see at least one or two more posts that involve this show.


Moore is one of the original performers of this tune, a member of Sam & Dave (Prater). The song was written by David Porter and Isaac Hayes. Yeah, Isaac Hayes! That surprised me the first time I heard it.


This is one of my favorite songs of all time, but this is a fresh performance on it. Ledet takes some liberty with the vocal line, and I've never heard the double-time, gospel ending on the end of it before this performance. Ledet made his name on American Idol, and in my opinion, he's one of the best to come from the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment