Sunday, November 10, 2013

Wasting My Time - Default

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAocvKHUidg]


Labeled as post-grunge, Default was discovered by fellow Canadian musician Chad Kroeger. Kroger put his backing behind the band's first and second albums. The first album, due to heavy radio play of this song and "Deny", was a huge success. It was certified platinum in 2003, two years after its release.


Some call this song a "power ballad", but it doesn't really fit that definition in my head. When you compare it to power ballads from a band like Bon Jovi, it doesn't really stand up well. It takes something really special to acquire that title. Power Ballad suggests something epic to me, and though I like the song, I don't think this tune quite makes the cut. Maybe a modern power ballad?

No comments:

Post a Comment