Friday, December 13, 2013

It Snowed - Meaghan Smith


[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRjhJ_oWUPs]


I just discovered this song, and a couple others I've posted, through a blog entry about "The Twelve Best Christmas Songs You've Never Heard" from The (Reformed) Idealist Mom blog. It's a good entry about music, especially for the holiday season. I've checked out some other things she has posted, too, and I'd recommend checking out the page.


In her entry, Idealist Mom (Kelly), says that this song "sounds like one of those classic Christmas songs from yesteryear", and I have to agree. The song grabbed me right away with the horn intro, and it continued to hold me with something that sounded fresh, yet familiar. The singer-songwriter, Smith, is a Canadian artist. She gained some traction on the fame train in 2009 by recording a cover of "Here Comes Your Man" by the Pixies for the film (500) Days of Summer, which my roommate continues to try and get me to watch. I guess I'll have to give in and watch it now that I have made some connection to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment