Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Little Drummer Boy - Pentatonix


December Theme: 25 Days of Christmas


[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ_MGWio-vc]


Being a drummer and a vocalist, you would think that I'd be all over this song, but as many times as I've seen it posted on my Facebook newsfeed, I've passed over it. Next to "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus", which is just creepy in my opinion, not that it's the only Christmas song that his (i.e "he sees you when you're sleeping"), and "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town", this is probably in my top five least liked Christmas songs. However, I do like the vocals in this tune, and it's impressive what their vocal percussionist can do, too.


I've posted another video from this group in the past, and I enjoy everything they do. They're right up there with groups like Rockapella and Straight No Chaser. My dislike for the song can't stand in their way of doing a great job singing it. It's just the song itself I don't like, not their performance. I mean, honestly, is banging on a drum really the best thing to do around a new born?



No comments:

Post a Comment