Friday, May 27, 2011

Free Fallin' (Tom Petty Cover) - The Almost

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aakKjLgOAxU]


I have always liked the original version of this song, but I can't help but dig this one just a little harder. I'm a big fan of covers in general, and when the cover puts a little more kick behind a song, I'm sold. This is definitely one of those covers. The album this song comes from is Punk Goes Classic Rock.  The entire album is full of great covers similar to this one, with the exception of one really bad "Bohemian Rhapsody" cover.


The song is one of the great American songs. It's one of those timeless classics that is played in bars, at weddings, at festivals, and open mic nights all over the country. As much as I like this version, I'm also drawn to the John Mayer cover; so, I've included it below. It's the completely opposite end of the spectrum, making the song even smoother than it was to begin with.


[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgdSvqf4x_I]

No comments:

Post a Comment