Monday, May 30, 2011

Musicology - Prince

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti_Bu74F0qk]


Let me start this post by saying that I completely understand that Prince is one weird dude. Everyone who knows him personally or has worked with him directly has stories to tell about how strange he is. That doesn't change the fact that he is extremely talented. In fact, most really talented people are pretty eccentric. He does not escape the rule. With that put aside, I broke one of my own rules for this video. I wasn't able to embed a video here and had to link to it instead. There aren't many songs worth that, but this one is for sure.


This song pays tribute to lots of great musicians. That makes me like it even more. If you can't feel the groove rollin' off this tune, you should just go home. It's very much a tribute to early James Brown. The song didn't see that much commercial success in the US, but other places saw this song hit quite a bit of radio play and climb up the pop charts.

No comments:

Post a Comment