Sunday, May 29, 2011

Only in America - Brooks & Dunn

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN1iI-DaJNw]


This song does a pretty good job of gathering up all the great things about America and setting them to music. I thought it was really appropriate to celebrate what all of our fighting men and women have fought and still fight for everyday on this holiday weekend. I never could understand people who don't support our troops. Maybe you don't support the people calling the shots, but the ones who signed up to protect you and your home deserve the support regardless.


I really love the guitar in this tune, and  Kix Brooks and Ronnie Dunn sound great as always.  It's a shame they won't be together much longer, but from the first time I heard "Boot Scootin' Boogie" they had my attention. I'm sure I'll keep up with each artists' individual career, but it won't be the same. Together, the duo charted fifty singles on the country charts, including twentt #1 hits. Their longest running #1 was "Ain't Nothing 'bout You", which is odd to me. It's a good song, but not anywhere near something I would consider to be a Brooks & Dunn signature song.

No comments:

Post a Comment