Saturday, June 25, 2011

Here in the Real World - Alan Jackson

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWiOosIYyeY]


I thought I should follow up my last post with a song from each of the artists involved. This is one of my favorites songs of Jackson's. It's traditional country at it's best: fiddle, steel guitar and all. The lyrics tell about a love that didn't quite turn out the way he had hoped it would, but more than that it tells us about how much different real life is than the way it's portrayed in Hollywood. There have been other songs similar to this more recently; Brad Paisley's "Part Two" comes to mind. This is the one that I remember first, though. Jackson is one of the best song writers in music, and his early stuff is just as strong as his current body of work.


This was the title track and second single released from Jackson's first album. It didn't have a bad run at all for a second single, making it to #3 on the US country charts and #1 in Canada. The album also produced four other singles, including his first #1 hit, "I'd Love You All Over Again", another ballad devoted to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment