Friday, June 24, 2011

Murder on Music Row - Alan Jackson & George Strait

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgiILl_F7O8]


I saw a video during my search for this one that says a lot. It had this listed as Alan Jackson and George Jones. If you can't tell the difference between the Jones and Strait, you don't listen to enough country. This song really says it all. Don't get me wrong: I like a lot of new country, and what I feel has been forgotten more than anything over the years is the message and the storytelling that country used to hold.


Even though I like the new stuff, it's not country. There are very few artists that still make real country music. Those that do have fused it with rock and pop so that it's new country, and I love that music; however, somewhere along the way, we lost what was traditional country music with the exception of a very few artists. Jackson and Strait are two that still hold on to it.


This song was written by Larry Cordle, who originally recorded with his band Lonesome Standard time. It was later covered by Jackson and Strait. Below, you can find a link to a video of Cordle speaking about the song and performing it.

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=807Kfum44hk]

No comments:

Post a Comment