Thursday, June 16, 2011

If You Can't Live Without Me Why Are You Still Alive - Mayday Parade

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IadU7CUpj2I]


This band didn't really impress me live at all; however, this is a cool pop-punk kind of a groove in this tune. I really like the song for the music. I'm too into the lyrics and the words, and honestly, haven't really listened to them in any depth. It's really just about the way it all comes together on this one, music and lyrics, melody and groove. The tune is produced very well. The guitar tones are great, and the drums are solid, vocals strong.


The band captured my attention without my knowledge while listening to the Punk Goes Classic Rock album. The band recorded a take on Queen's "We Are the Champions" for the compilation album. It stands out as one of the best covers on the CD in my opinion. The group tweaked the vocals and music just enough to make it their own, but the song overall holds its original appeal, just the way a cover should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment