Tuesday, June 14, 2011

That Thing You Do! - The Wonders

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPMLG8mnCRM]


I can't begin to write about how much I love this movie.  Tom Hanks wrote the script and directed a great cast. There are SO many pithy, quick-whited jokes in this film. Really, I shouldn't start writing about the movie, because I won't stop. So, I'll just leave you with what I'm sure would've been a number one hit in the 60's had this song really been released back then. This is by far one of my favorite movie songs of all time. I've also included one of my favorite scenes from the movie below. It's the scene where the band first hears their song on the radio. The qualities not great, but it's still worth watching.


This song actually became a hit in real life as well upon its release. In 1996, the song made it to #41 on the Billboard Hot 100, among topping several other Billboard charts as well. The song was actually written by Fountains of Wayne bassist Adam Schlesinger. It was also nominated for a Golden Globe and an Academy Award for Best Original Song.


[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpmnIpAXpig]

No comments:

Post a Comment