Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Lazy Song - Bruno Mars

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yt7-W4oADQ]


I wasn't fond of this song when I first heard it, but it definitely grew on me. Of course, I'm a sucker for horns, too. The original recording doesn't have a horn section, but I always thought it would sound good with one. I guess Mr. Mars agrees based on his live version. His horn section also gives hope to those out there who play trombone.


This was the third single from Mars' debut album, Doo-Wops & Hooligans. It's also the first one that didn't have the same kind of pop beat that was the foundation for his first two singles, Grenade and Just the Way You Are. You can hear influences from the past in his music, and I hope to hear more of those influences in future work from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment