Wednesday, December 11, 2013

She'll Be My Everything for Christmas - Los Lonely Boys


[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk-0I6R1oCM]


This song manages to combine everything that is Los Lonely Boys with lots of aspects of great Christmas rock tunes. For some reason, the shuffle feel you find in this song seems to lend itself to Christmas rock songs better than straight time, a la "Jingle Bell Rock" and "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree". It also still has that classic sound of the southwest that is the band's signature, plus their amazing harmonies.


This album was released in 2008, but I was unfamiliar with it until stumbling on this song. After listening to some of the other tracks on the album, I'm sad I hadn't discovered it before now. Other holiday songs cut by the band include "Silent Night", "Carol of the Bells", and "Santa Claus is Coming to Town", a very rockin' version of the last one. I don't often buy new albums in their entirety, but this might be one I'll shell out the cash to purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment